Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:55 pm 

I have started a RTRcausal of the fiction in TQF #43 here: http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/13881-2/

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:57 pm 

Thanks! The contributors are always thrilled to see what you have to say about their stories, and I'm always glad to know we have at least one reader.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:13 pm 

Theaker’s Quarterly Fiction #44, our summer issue, features five stories, arranged roughly in the chronological order of their settings: “A Lesson from the Undergrowth” by Charles Wilkinson, “Snow Crime” by Allen Ashley, “The Return of the Terrible Darkness” by Howard Phillips, “Black Sun” by Douglas Thompson, and “Milo on Fire” by Ross Gresham.

The review section isn’t quite as long as the one in issue forty-three, but it still features five books (Dodger, A Game of Groans, Martian Sands, Señor 105 and the Elements of Danger and Star Wars: Scoundrels), three films (The Host, Star Trek Into Darkness and World War Z), and two television programmes (Astronauts and Doctor Who: Shada).

The editorial explains why I’m not retiring the magazine just yet, and the cover is once again by Howard Watts.

As ever, it's available for free download, in pdf, mobi and epub formats, as well as print for the least amount we could possibly charge. Details and links here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:35 pm 

Rolnikov wrote:
Theaker’s Quarterly Fiction #44, our summer issue, features five stories, arranged roughly in the chronological order of their settings: “A Lesson from the Undergrowth” by Charles Wilkinson, “Snow Crime” by Allen Ashley, “The Return of the Terrible Darkness” by Howard Phillips, “Black Sun” by Douglas Thompson, and “Milo on Fire” by Ross Gresham.

The review section isn’t quite as long as the one in issue forty-three, but it still features five books (Dodger, A Game of Groans, Martian Sands, Señor 105 and the Elements of Danger and Star Wars: Scoundrels), three films (The Host, Star Trek Into Darkness and World War Z), and two television programmes (Astronauts and Doctor Who: Shada).

The editorial explains why I’m not retiring the magazine just yet, and the cover is once again by Howard Watts.

As ever, it's available for free download, in pdf, mobi and epub formats, as well as print for the least amount we could possibly charge. Details and links here.

Just bought my customary print edition from Amazon.
Glad you are "not retiring the magazine just yet". :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:43 pm 

Thanks - hope you enjoy it!

It was feeling like a lot of work last time around, but I've made a few behind-the-scenes changes that should make it less hassle in future (e.g. setting myself a final deadline for each issue's content, and setting it all at once, instead of continually trying to squeeze more in). I should really just make it half as long.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:54 am 

My on-going review of THEAKER'S QUARTERLY FICTION #44:
http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/201 ... iction-44/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:48 am 

Thanks - highly quotable!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:09 pm 

Rolnikov wrote:
Thanks - highly quotable!

“….and the world was ready to answer my questions, in the person of Theaker himself.” - Howard Phillips

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:38 pm 

“Poor in spirit and – (he feels his head) – yes, completely bald.”

For some unaccountable reason the above words are quoted today as part of the TQF website banner heading!

The quote happens to be taken from my revised story (a story also obliquely referencing Stephen King in its last line) that was publicly shown very recently with the title of THE DUKE OF DUSK OR DAWN. It was originally published in the 1990s under the title NO CIRCUMSTANCES containing the same wording of the above quote in it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:38 pm 

Yes, I've got the original story in a Weirdmonger Wheel book I created for myself a while back, using Adobe Acrobat's Create PDF From Web Page option. (It's 3241pp long!) The quote struck me as apposite, given that I am both poor in spirit and (almost) completely bald.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:51 pm 

Rolnikov wrote:
Yes, I've got the original story in a Weirdmonger Wheel book I created for myself a while back, using Adobe Acrobat's Create PDF From Web Page option. (It's 3241pp long!) The quote struck me as apposite, given that I am both poor in spirit and (almost) completely bald.

Thanks, Stephen, for doing me the honour of collecting my stories in accordance with the POR aspect of the theories in this 2006 blog post: http://weirdmonger.blogspot.co.uk/2006/ ... ading.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:31 am 

Stephen

Hi, I was wondering if you were open for submissions? Also - ahem - I've got a prose poem thing called "Professional Murder Music" and wondered if you would consider having a look at it.

Best

Ian

http://www.ian-hunter.co.uk/unspoken-water
Poetry Editor of the BFS Journal
Director of Read Raw Ltd
http://www.readraw.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:35 am 

We certainly are! Send them to theakersquarterlyfiction@gmail.com. We're currently reading for the December issue.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:12 pm 

Will do, thanks.

http://www.ian-hunter.co.uk/unspoken-water
Poetry Editor of the BFS Journal
Director of Read Raw Ltd
http://www.readraw.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 pm 

Theaker’s Quarterly Fiction #45 is now available for free download and features four stories: “The Colour of the Wind Erodes the Shape of Time” by Howard Watts, “We Slept Through the Apocalypse” by Howard Phillips, “Kingdom Automata” by Katharine Coldiron and “Carcosa, Found” by Robin Wyatt Dunn. The typically tedious editorial concerns my recent conversion to the cult of Scrivener.

The issue also includes six book reviews by me (Arctic Rising, Finches of Mars, The Resurrectionist, Alien Legion Omnibus, Claudia’s Story and Saga, Vol. 2), two film reviews by Jacob Edwards (Elysium and Man of Steel), and one film review each from Douglas J. Ogurek (The Conjuring) and Howard Watts (Star Trek Into Darkness). Howard also supplies the cover art.

More details and download links here!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next