Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:30 pm 

Just in time for Christmas, the Summer 2011 issue of Black Static, #23, goes live on Fictionwise. Victoria Leslie's 'Time Keeping', Carole Johnstone's 'Electric Dreams', Daniel Kaysen's 'Hail', Joel Lane's 'For their Own Ends' and Robert Davies' WFC/TTA Contest Winner 'The Harvesting of Jackson Cade' feature this issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:04 pm 

This is the TTA Press page on iTunes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:37 pm 

Black Static 24 with Ramsey Campbell's 'Recently Used' and Simon Bestwick's 'Dermot' now on Smashwords at $4.99.
Just uploaded to Fictionwise but don't expect it to go 'live' for another 2 weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:14 pm 

Black Static 25 now live on Smashwords and uploaded to Fictionwise. Interzone #236 should be live on F'wise now but as usual there is no sign.

On S'words the PC emulator shows the Kindle version of Black Static 25 working better than the EPub where I can't get pages to break in the right place or links to take readers to the intended point after that break.

IZ 236 is already live on S'words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:06 pm 

I'm not exactly an expert, Roy, but I've been up to my ears in epub files lately - happy to have a look if you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:10 pm 

Thanks Stephen let me know what I need to send you and where to send it. My e mail roy1gray (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:13 pm 

Interzone 236 now live on Fictionwise and it's also on Smashwords. We have three issues of Interzone in the F'wise top 25 SF bestsellers and 6 issues of Black Static in F'wise's top 25 Horror fiction bestsellers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:55 am 

Excellent! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 am 

Black Static #25 now live on Fictionwise with 'About The Dark' by Alison Littlewood, 'The Curtain Parts' by Christopher Fowler, 'The Travellers Stay' by Ray Cluley, 'The Holy Spear' by Barbara A. Barnett, 'Best. Summer. Ever.' by Nathaniel Tapley.

It is on Smashwords as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:57 am 

Interzone 237 now live on Fictionwise. Lavie Tidhar, Douglas Lain, Caspian Gray & Jim Hawkins provide the fiction. still problems with headings, indexes, layout etc. One such is getting the ebook TOC match the text TOC. I've tried various remedies without resolving the problems.

I keep wondering if that was the reason people said various sections were missing from some Pete Bulluck F'wise issues. Maybe the text was there but the TOC did not show it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:16 am 

No, the text wasn't there. At least not visibly. It's possible it was within the ebook but not being displayed, though - e.g. if those pages were missing from the ebook spine, or (and this would be my guess, based on trying to fix similar stuff in the last few weeks) if the text was swallowed up by a malformed bit of html. I'll go back to one of them and have a look...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:43 am 

I just downloaded a fresh epub copy of Interzone 222 from Fictionwise to have a look. The epub version of that issue was missing Laser Fodder. Opening it up in Sigil, I can see that the contents page and the epub spine expect to find Laser Fodder on the page Text/Authors-IS222_split_0.html, but that page is empty except for the copyright text.

Searching through the source code of all the pages doesn't turn up the phrase Laser Fodder anywhere but the contents. So I think something just went wrong in the conversion process, and that section of text was completely lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 am 

So its in the TOC but not in the text? The way I do the ebooks we end up with 2 TOCs one in the side bar, one in the text. Is the Laser Fodder title in both TOCs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:04 pm 

Yes, it appears in both contents, and the links work, it's just that the text isn't where the ebook contents pages expect it to be. I don't know if any of that is relevant to the problems you're having with Smashwords, though...

Might be useful for you to know that the contents that appears in the text of your epub file is an xhtml page - just regular text with links to the relevant places; while the contents that appears on the side of Adobe Digital Editions is from the ebook's toc.ncx file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:31 pm 

Interzone #237 now live on Fictionwise, but a week late, with stories from Lavie Tidhar (The Last Osama), Douglas Lain (Erasing the Concept of Sex From a Photobooth), Caspian Gray (Insect Joy) & Jim Hawkins (Digital Rites). Also on Smashwords

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next