Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post subject: Email Problems
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 pm 

There seems to be a serious problem with all emails sent to or via the ttapress server. I'm not receiving any forwarded emails at all. People registered for email updates to topics on this forum are not receiving those updates, because those emails are being bounced. The problem, as I see it, seems to be that the host server is on the "Spamhaus" ban list for some stupid reason therefore these emails are being refused by bt/yahoo/whoever.

I've put in a ticket. Will update asap.

Obviously it's a worry. I woke up to five emails this morning, it's normally hundreds.

I preferred spam to spam fascists.

Last edited by Andy on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:44 pm 

Just to make that a bit clearer: TTA Towers hasn't received any emails sent via the website contact forms, emails sent to any ttapress.com eddress, or notifications of any subscriptions taken out. Now that I realise there's a problem I'm tracking this stuff via servers, so don't worry -- most importantly all money transactions are safe and secure, and are now being dealt with, it's just that we didn't receive notification via email. Will try to catch up with general and personal correspondence in good time.

#-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:14 pm 

Turns out that an account on the same server as ttapress.com was in fact sending spam. That account has been suspended, so hopefully the IP will be removed from the blacklists and the situation resolved shortly. With regard to third party services, there is no guarantee.

I think we'll have a dedicated IP address soon anyway, when the new shop comes online, so shouldn't encounter this problem again.