Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:41 am 

The Third Alternative with spaceships???? Sh*t! Sign me up NOW! That's what I call a magazine!

Okay, folks - I'm seriously thinking about subscribing, now - such strong arguments cannot be lightly turned aside!

(oh...and thanks for the beautiful message, Suzanne - I could tell from those few lines that you are a deeply fair and even-minded woman - and definitely worthy of my time and attention even if it turns out the magazine isn't).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lee_Stone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:50 pm 

To convince you to purchase a subscription, as an Interzone-published author I will buy you as many beers as you can drink in a single night if you read the next year's worth of the magazine and don't like it.

The only catch is that I live in Ohio, USA, and I can't bring the beers to you--curse my limited budget--so this offer only applies the next time we're in the same neck of the woods. That said, the 2010 World Fantasy Convention will be held right down the road from me. If you're planning on attending, we could set that as a possible pay off deadline. But I'm betting I won't have to pay since you'll love what you find in Interzone. I know I do.

BTW, I love the tagline "Third Alternative with spaceships." Maybe TTA Press should add that to all its marketing materials.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 pm 

I can heartily recommend it. Not only because the majority of the stories an absolute blast to read and would likely stay with you for months to come, but also because in my experience Interzone's staff had been very helpful and professional with any delivery queries I had (eg. delivery address change mid-way through a subscription, etc).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:50 pm 

To say that you, Andy, ruined Interzone is a load of rubbish.

Someone else told me that, too, but I dismissed it out of hand. He was, after all, an old IZ / Pringle die-hard supporter, so I could see and understand why he said that.

I like Pringle, he's a great guy, and I enjoyed his company down at the pub. Mr Pringle did a great job with the magazine and contributed much to the genre for almost 20 years. No one can doubt the importance of his leadership or contributions.

However, I think the view that only Pringle could work IZ successfully is too narrow. We as readers and writers need to be more open and flexible, open to new ideas and approaches. After nearly 20 years, Interzone needed to change. Although I can't speak for him, I believe Pringle in some way knew that.

While I was a great fan of The Third Alternative magazine and was sad to see it go, I do not see IZ as the old magazine with spaceships. However, there is an element of tone and style that remains similar, but that is to be expected. Every editor has his or her tastes and ideals.

I like the new Interzone and see it as a fresh take on an older concept.

I think you've done a great job with it and I plan to subscribe.

All the best with it.