Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:54 am 

Replacing a few individual copies won't be a problem Joe. It'd be impossible to replace all the RoW copies -- unless we did a reprint -- which is why I'm still hoping this is just a blip and that they will arrive eventually...

Post subject: Still waiting in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:05 pm 

and waiting ... and waiting ...

Has anyone stateside gotten theirs yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:26 pm 

issue # 217 arrived today in Buenos Aires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:07 am 

No sign of it here in Massachusetts yet, if that helps.

-Suzanne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:33 am 

Thanks Andres. That's promising I think. Gives me hope that the USA copies and rest will arrive, eventually, and are not lost like I feared. Still way, way behind schedule though, sorry about that. There have been some very strange comments coming out of Citipost lately. They even suggested that it might be my fault, that they can't guarantee all the copies I wanted to send actually arrived with them -- which is nonsense obviously as they have my breakdown each time, and they must do their own tally in order to invoice me, and if the two tallies don't match... They obviously either sent IZ217 very late (they deny this) or via a service much slower than contracted for (which they could just admit rather than having people worry that all those copies might be lost).

They mentioned Royal Mail a couple of times. I assumed that was just a mistake by the person I was talking to, because according to reports on this forum the copies have non-UK PPI stickers on them. I'm now wondering if, for some reason, they decided to send this mailing via Royal Mail surface mail, which would explain the much longer delivery times. If you've received your copy and still have the plastic bag it came in, or can remember it, what kind of sticker did it have in the top right corner? Thanks!

I spoke to an area rep of another international mailing company yesterday morning, and he told me that we were the fourth company he'd spoken to that day who were not happy with Citipost. "I'm guessing there is some sort of correlation," he said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:16 pm 

Let me tell you Andy that issue 217 arrived with a small bend in one corner.The previous issues were in pristine condition.Maybe this tells something.

By the way, I have just filled the form for renewal for one more year ,by credit card.
As soon as you have the information that all is ok, please let me know.

Post subject: IZ no. 17
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:57 pm 

It arrived here, in eastern France, a good ten days ago or so. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:58 pm 

I think the indicia might be Swiss Mail, can anybody confirm that for me please?

I heard this morning, by accident really, on an email list, that somebody in the USA has received their copy. So I think they should all be there now, or about now. Once again, sorry for the delay. I still have no useful information to pass on to you that might explain it.

I've been talking to a different international mailing company, and beginning with Black Static 6 (out now!), and all being well continuing with IZ218, overseas copies will be sent via this new company. We should see the delivery times should improve significantly as a result. It'll cost us more money though, so please keep your subscription renewals coming in early, and please help spread the word about the magazine. Came second behind Locus again for the Hugo, so it must be good! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:09 pm 

Still no joy, Joe? Any arrivals in North America?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:51 pm 

Mine still hasn't arrived, though I didn't know until today that it was supposed to have already arrived. I'll post if and when it arrives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:59 pm 

Thanks Tracy.

Btw, it was Gordon Van Gelder who said his IZ217 had arrived -- in Hoboken on 11th August. So far, this is the only report I've received about this issue's arrival in the USA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:18 pm 

Maybe US subscibers were in Denver and reports will flood in now that Worldcon was over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:15 pm 

Have any other USA, South Africa, or wherever, copies arrived please? Or not arrived? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 pm 

Neither my subscription copy nor the contributor copies have arrived in Ohio, U.S.A. With luck, next week will be the week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:17 am 

Still waiting here, will let you know when it makes an appearance. I imagine this must be unbelievably stressful on your end )-: Is the shipping co. giving you any kind of useful information at this point?

-Suzanne

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next