Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post subject: INTERZONE 231
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:00 pm 

I've posted some details of Interzone 231, out on the 12th November.

As you can see, it's a Jason Sanford special issue, with three superb new stories, author introductions and an interview conducted by Andy Hedgecock. What's more, Matthew Cook's 'The Shoe Factory' was recommended to us by Jason. The other story is by IZ favourite Aliette de Bodard.

All the usual features and reviews are here, plus plenty of stunning colour artwork. Richard Wagner and Dave Senecal (who both dug me out of a hole by producing quality extra work in less than two days, which is just astounding --thanks again!), Ben Baldwin, and Warwick Fraser-Coombe, who completes the six-part 'Playground (Hide and Seek)' with this issue.

We'll be posting an interview with Warwick, conducted by IZ reader and noughts-and-crosses theorist Jim Worrad, to the website next week. You will also very shortly be able to buy a large, high quality limited print, signed and numbered, of 'Playground (Hide and Seek)' direct from Warwick, via paypal or cheque or whatever else you can persuade him to accept. We've already bought one to hang on the wall here at TTA Towers.

Oh, and if you were thinking of buying Inception on DVD 6th December, we'll have five copies to give away -- at about that time, we are assured.

Will continue to post updates. Meanwhile, please check the subscription reminder on the insert of IZ230 and renew if necessary. Thanks. :)

Last edited by Andy on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:04 pm 

We are also running a special offer:

Order a 12-issue subscription to either Interzone or the Interzone/Black Static combination through the TTA Press online store, enter JASON SANFORD in the Shopper’s Reference box, and receive IZ231 for free.

This offer is also open to current subscribers. Extend your Interzone or Interzone + Black Static subscription by 12-issues, enter JASON SANFORD as your Shopper's Reference, and receive this issue free.

This offer runs until the end of 2010.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:58 pm 

I've just been told to expect delivery on Tuesday, which means that subscriber and contributor copies will be in the post by Thursday, so please don't forget to check the insert of IZ230 for a subscription reminder and renew if necessary. Copies posted outside of the main mailing cost up to three times as much, which comes out of Roy's salary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:59 pm 

And don't forget that the JASON SANFORD offer is open to everybody, and that you can renew subscriptions whenever you like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:24 pm 

Looks great - always makes me impatient once I've seen the pictures and read who's to appear.

Oh, and that demon looks nice on the advert...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:39 pm 

Inland subscriber copies were picked up from TTA Towers this afternoon, and overseas copies will be picked up tomorrow. All copies should arrive at about the same time -- but we know they never do!

I'm glad to report that this issue has nowhere near as many printing errors as Black Static 19. But all the same, I've realised that I really shouldn't postpone that overdue visit to the optician much longer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:26 pm 

Just arrived on the Island...
My blog has ratings for Laser Fodder DVD & blu-ray reviews.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:43 pm 

Forgot to post that it arrived on Saturday morning here in South Yorkshire :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:28 pm 

Andy wrote:
Inland subscriber copies were picked up from TTA Towers this afternoon, and overseas copies will be picked up tomorrow. All copies should arrive at about the same time -- but we know they never do!

I'm glad to report that this issue has nowhere near as many printing errors as Black Static 19. But all the same, I've realised that I really shouldn't postpone that overdue visit to the optician much longer...

I didn't spot any errors in BS19 and I like to think of myself as a good reader.
Can you give me a clue where they might be, or maybe it could be the subject of a Christmas quiz? 8)

Post subject: IZ 231...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:46 am 

... arrived in frosty Farnsfield this very morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:21 pm 

Mine arrived today - my first paper copy in a long, long while - since the days before TTA took over, I think. It looks absolutely terrific.

I was wondering - do other readers remove the paper insert in the middle, or leave it there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:34 pm 

Leave it because of the art work usually. And to keep the magazine as close to perfect as poss (but then I keep my shelves stocked in publication order, too, so I'm a bit strange like that)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:10 pm 

Aliette writes about The Shipmaker in her blog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 am 

Rolnikov wrote:
I was wondering - do other readers remove the paper insert in the middle, or leave it there?

I take it out, and leave them in potentially suggestive places to entice randomers to investigate. I like to leave them in WH Smiths and Waterstones, especially.

Ray wrote:
Leave it because of the art work usually. And to keep the magazine as close to perfect as poss (but then I keep my shelves stocked in publication order, too, so I'm a bit strange like that)

I thought it was just normal to keep them in publication order? :? [/quote]

Twitterific!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:01 pm 

Rolnikov wrote:
Mine arrived today - my first paper copy in a long, long while - since the days before TTA took over, I think. It looks absolutely terrific.

I like to take the insert out so I can get a clear run at the story. :shock: