Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post subject: subscription
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:27 pm 

Hi,

It's my first post. I'm thinking about subscribing to Interzone through this site. I may have done a double subscription with 'black static', but I can't see any recent issues (last one 2005?). Is Black Static still being published? [Sorry if this info is elsewhere on the site - can't seem to find any reference to anything for the mag beyond 2005).

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:38 pm 

Hi Andrew. There is a space for questions like this but I don't blame you for not using it because it's 'locked'! Nothing sinister about that, this is a new forum and I wanted to post some stuff in those topics first, and just haven't got round to it yet.

Black Static is the new title for The Third Alternative, and you're quite right, it's been a long time since the last TTA and we're all still waiting for the first Black Static. Entirely my fault. I didn't expect it to happen like that. Or rather not happen like that. If you do decide to go ahead with the dual subscription you'll get a free gift, and the magazine itself some time soon. I'd like to make a proper announcement shortly. Wouldn't blame you if you didn't go ahead right now. In fact there really should be more of a 'warning' on the shop. Not very impressive. Me, that is, not the shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:54 pm 

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll probably just go for the Interzone subscription for now (gotta watch the cash at the moment!), but may well add another subscription for Black Static once things are up and running with the mag.

I want to get Interzone more regularly than I have in the past (distribution shaky in Liverpool and North Wales (where I work/live). I made a New Years' resolution to start writing and submitting short SF and other genre work to magazines, including Interzone (taking the 'it's now or never' approach - don't want to wonder in years to come if I could have got published if I'd only tried etc.).I also want to read more short SF, so getting Interzone regukarly feels like it should be my first step basically.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:48 pm 

Go for it Andrew and everyone else and if you are at Eastercon in Chester come and see us in the dealer's room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:04 am 

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm currently working extra hours over the weekend, so it looks like I may miss Eastercon. Maybe next year!