Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275 ... 294  Next
 Post subject: Re: Big Brother
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:08 pm 

des2 wrote:
Marion Arnott wrote:
Lacking a partner, she has fabricated a narrative of what MIGHT happen with Jeremy or Scotty or even Darren. Ad now tis. You have to give her that much – she is a trier!

I am coming back round to her. Both that and her classic Birthday speech. And what a brilliant voiceover from Marcus, when he referred to Scotty's Epiphany with Tiffany. I wish I had thought of that!
Also I laughed at Scotty's "she's not getting a slice of my chopper".

I thought the task was fabricated and Gemma knew exactly what was going on. The cake fight was absurd and the three songs sung by Darren, well, not too bad at all. That was probably put into his contract at outset that that would happen to help realign his celebrity profile.

The Shetland pony was almost as wonderful as the flock of white ducks. We only need a swan now to make our day.

Tiffany is a wonderfully ironic character. She's just too coarse. She could pursue Scotty without all the graphics. Not much of a choice this year.
Maybe Danniella evicted tonight? I'd much rather it was Stephanie and her dirty laundry though!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:57 pm 

Hard To Believe

Danniella. Stephanie and Gemma (in giant sunglasses) were told they are up for eviction. Poor Danniella obviously feels that she’s doomed. Gemma chose to be positive – nominations mean that the HMs are getting rid of the Big Characters. Stephanie pretended nervousness.

Tiffany was pleased to escape nomination this time around. In the DR shes aid that she could chill out and watch the others sweat for a change. She positively gloated that Stephanie has brought her troubles on herself
She’s right too.

Stephanie who never talks of anything but love and sex quizzed Darren about his love life for want of someone better to talk to about it. He told the tale of being pursued by the paparazzi – they went so far as to plant a camera in a palm tree pot and put a microphone under his bed when he was cheating on his partner. Three hours of intimate recording they got from it and they blackmailed him with it. Both he and the woman he cheated with had to confess all to their partners and go through separations. Will Stephanie take a warning here? Or would she quite like a microphone under the bed?

In the DR, John seemed close to breaking point over Stephanie. She never stops talking about Jeremy except when she’s crying over Jeremy.
He says she’s very wearing.
Indeed, John.

Darren thinks the house has been a real experience for him. Gemma says it has too – she;s learned that she doesn’t need so many blow drys. Stephanie has learned that she needs to be tidier and do things for herself. (anybody else noticed that?).

HMs were given a challenge each – such as popping balloons or putting 10 wasabi coated marshmallows in the mouth. The interesting one was Gemma – she was supposed to break 10 eggs on her head but refused to spoil her hairdo. She was promptly given a towel and a plastic jumpsuit to protect herself but she still refused.
HMs failed the task. The funniest one was Stephanie’s – she had to thread three needles while being shocked by a shocksuit. Naturally she made the most of this for the cameras. But it was Scotty’s comment as she thrashed about that made it funny.
‘She’ll probably come, ‘ he said drily.
She probably did, Scotty.

Stephanie told Gemma about her plan to go to Ireland to see Jeremy after the final. Oh, dear – didn’t she translate his ‘we’ll have a breathing space after the show’ comment into plain English – sod off, Stephanie.

Scotty and John fell into conversation and both agreed they cannot listen to Stephanie obsessing about Jeremy any more or her demands for reassurance about Jeremy. Tiffany says she drains people.
Oh, we all know that. Stepanie’s the one who was always crying in the loo at teenage parties or vomiting in the hedge or boring people to death with her endless emotional catastrophes, the one you swerved to avoid if you saw her coming.

Scotty made a pack of cards and they all sat down to play a game. Stephanie suggested strip poker. She was very insistent. John retired to have a quiet lie down. She just wants to get naked on camera, he said.

Tiffany announced that she was horny. Darren didn’t want to know and beat a hasty retreat. Tiffany pursued Scotty to the shower and offered to help him wash, laughing gaily. Darren is sick of her behaviour.
Poor man – he’s terrified.

The eviction was a disappointment. Gemma was put out and Stephanie stayed. I preferred Gemma who at least had some oomph about her. She had a terrible reception from the crowd but did a surprisingly good natured interview, saying that the HMs all deserved to win more than she did.She admitted to causing mischief with such a sly humour that I liked her even more.
At least she didn’t have the personality of a soggy Kleenex.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:45 am 

A good question. Why did Gemma go on CBB when she knew she hated games?
Overall, I did not like Gemma. Her personality was probably nearer a soggy Kleenessex, as used to clear up after gulls or pigeons?

I wonder what mind-numbing things are in store for the finalists over the next three days, bearing in mind they are all now demob happy.

Darren's tale of phone hacking etc. was a not only a blot on his own landscape but also on the whole of society's. But one needs to be aware of blots so as to study them and then help expunge them. Hence, such phenomena as CBB, more a catharsis than an entertainment?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:16 pm 

[quote="des2"
Darren's tale of phone hacking etc. was a not only a blot on his own landscape but also on the whole of society's. But one needs to be aware of blots so as to study them and then help expunge them. Hence, such phenomena as CBB, more a catharsis than an entertainment?[/quote]

Public confession - remorse - rehabilitation- hopefully a revival of a moribund career

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:34 pm 

Slap!

That’s what Stephanie needs – a good slap instead of patience and understanding. She felt that John was being offhand with her and challenged him. He assured her that he is not being offhand and then as if he couldn’t help himself, he started explaining some of his grievances. It was as if hell’s stoker got into his cabin and like a runaway train he gathered pace and was soon delivering a full scale rant.
Stephanie didn’t say much but they kissed and made up. He didn’t mean it, of curse; she will remember his hash words when she’s drunk.

The task tonight was a quiz, The two teams answered questions on memory, spelling, general knowledge and geography. Scotty explained what a square root is and gave as an example that 4x4 is 12. Tiffany’s white bra gleamed through her black top so it didn’t matter whether she is brainless or not. Stephanie squealed with the stress of having to point out Essex and Liverpool on a map.
Very edifying.

In conversation with Darren, Gemma told him that he is very attractive and that she could get a calendar of his photos made up – earn him thousands.
You could see the thought behind his eyes: is this a task?

Danniella is making great strides towards reconciling with Stephanie. The pair of them sat in smoker’s corner and shared a real good laugh about Stephanie’s dirty knickers. I am quite certain that Danniella doesn’t find them the slightest bit funny – Danniella, you should have stayed the truth teller!

Darren thinks he has grown a bit in the house. Once he was tagged the new Cliff Richard only he messed up the clean living image.
Well, you’ve made up for it now, Darren/

Gemma was evicted then and John was disappointed that Stephanie was still in the house. Yet again he couldn’t restrain himself and told her to stop talking about herself and Jeremy and so on. Daren backed him up with a sharp ‘Shut up, Stephanie!’

Stephanie drifted off to the garden with Tiffany and said she was looking forward to getting laid by Jeremy. She wanted reassurance from Tiffany about her future with Jeremy. Tiffany was brisk with her. It’s a big thing, she said, when a guy gives you photos of his dead mother and younger brother in a locket.
So true!

In the DR, Danniella was so humble and so grateful to have been saved, to know that she has people behind her. BB has made her proud to be Dannielle Westbrook again.
God, they all insist on going on these journeys of self discovery!

BB arranged for awards to be given to the HM most easily offended, the bitchiest, and the one most likely to sit on the fence. He cleverly showed clips of HMs in action – Daren complaining about his white jumper, Danniella saying Stephanie would never work again etc etc Danniella won the bitchiest HM award, the most easily offended award, and Darren won the fence sitting award.

Stephanie and Tiffany had a secret meeting in the loo. Neither was happy with what had been said about them. Oh, well done, BB – they’re out for blood. Tiffany staged one of her cursing rants at Darren, denying that she had been inappropriate with him. She cursed and sore at him in front of the others/ he sat with his head bowed, meekly saying OK, Tiffany. Later, he tried to clear the air with her but only succeeded in detonating her again. He apologised humbly and for a moment she was taken aback. Darren doesn’t know the rules of reality TV. He should have fought back and made a huge scene and instead he made his apologies. This tok the wind out of her sails and she quietened.

Stephanie was peeved that she only got three cans of whatever that evening. She wanted a DRINK, she yelled, and went to bed and thrashed about, letting loose with scream after scream of frustration. The screams were marginally better than the volley of curses which followed.
John and Danniella winced in the room next door. It is Dannella’s opinion that Stephanie should be slapped. In any other environment she probably would be.

Stephanie wandered into the garden when no more drink was forthcoming from BB. She’s not happy, she told Tiffany, that Danniella had called her a slag. Tiffany didn’t know what that meant and just exolainng it got Stephanie even madder. Danniella, she said, had no room to talk.
Oh, I foresee trouble there.

In the DR, Darren was relieved that he only has to put up with it for two more days.
I feel your pain, Darren!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:29 am 

I've had a dreadful thought. Last night it was made clear that Scotty T has by far the biggest Twitter following of all the Hms - into the millions!
Surely he must win CBB therefore.
I have long considered him a dark horse, one that has not put a foot wrong - other than being himself, of course!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:23 pm 

des2 wrote:
I've had a dreadful thought. Last night it was made clear that Scotty T has by far the biggest Twitter following of all the Hms - into the millions!
Surely he must win CBB therefore.
I have long considered him a dark horse, one that has not put a foot wrong - other than being himself, of course!

He's pretty repulsive (remember Ibiza). It's a competition between him and Stephanie to see who can be most revolting and take the crown - crusty knickers v soiled sheets.
I despair.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:13 pm 

Despair

John woke up grouchy with Stephanie was running through his mind.That must he horrible. He’s even off his food.

Stephanie has a new obsession – John and the comments he made about her. And to think he hugged her too - hypocrite.
Oh, when I think of all the people you’ve hugged believing it disarms them and sets them up for your next atrocity!

In the DR, Tiffany reckons that John is a contender. He has everyone wrapped round his little finger and sees himself as a winner. But she’s the winner…

Scotty and Stephanie were given a secret mission: to compete for who can make themselves the centre of attention in the house. I’d say that ws pretty much a foregone conclusion.
Scotty went round the house topless wearing a pair of Stephanie’s knickers (hopefully clean) over his shorts. Not terrible exciting. He aso had a brief smooch with Tiffany but was rather unconvincing.

Stephanie reignited the knickers row by taking her washing to get it done. She dropped a pair in the garden which Danniella picked up for her. Stephanie took instant offense and put the knickers back on the grass and left them there. Danniella was of course furious but not as furious as Stephanie who threw a massive cursing, swearing, screaming tantrum and threw a giant bottle of milk all over the kitchen. John got splattered by it and the floor was flooded.Stephanie returned to the garde, screaming at the top of her lungs, and pretended to throttle herself while telling HMs collectively and individually to F of.
I can’t help but wonder if BB is playing a double game here. No one was surprised by her behaviour because thi is how she usually is. Was BB highlighting how awful she actually is by having her perform a kind of play within a play?

Danniella and Darren surveyed the ruined kitchen and refused absolutely to clean up her mess yet again.

Stephanie did sort of swill the spilled milk around the floor but John was too furious to care. He refused to speak to Stephanie when she tried to clear the air. He knows all too well that her idea of clearing the air is having the other party accept her ehaviour with a smile. Tiffany and Danniella had much the same idea and sat and complained about her. Danniella even wished the final was sooner to get it over with.

In the DR, John declared that Stephanie had gone beyond a joke. He’s on his last nerve and ready to walk and challenged BB to explain what he’s doing about Stephanie.

Stephanie joined the smokers and John got up right away and left. Perhaps if they had all done that sooner they might have managed to modify her behaviour but too late, too late.

John could not bring himself to speak, not even to Tiffany, and continues to put rooms between himself and Stephanie. In the DR, he vented again and inssted that he would not participate in any of the day’s events. And no, he would not stay in the DR to talk it over with BB.

BB announced that Stephanie and Scotty had been on a secret mission. She was so pleased to let the group know that she wasn’t really an ill tempered little brat, that she was only pretending to make her Dad proud.

Some of them praised Stephanie’s performance but Darren said she was just being Steph. John didn’t care whether it was a task or not, he still wouldn’t talk to her.
She did try to have a chat but he froze her out and denied her the drama of gabbling explanations and emotional splurges.
That’s the ticket, John!

BB called a press conference where HMs faced the public, the press, and former HMs. Vanessa Feltz and Luisa from a couple of years back, both of whom I disliked, fired most of the questions. It was a vicious scene.John had the betrayal of Darren flung up at him, Darren was called a nonentity, Scotty had to swear to a real connection with Megan and not with Tiffany, Tiffany was led into declaring that if she felt the need to be penetrated , what was wrong with saying so? And that she went after Darren and Scotty because there was limited dick in the house, Danniella accused of being a nasty bitter old woman.
Really, this wasn’t necessary. It really wasn’t. The only one who enjoyed it was Stephanie who wallows in whatever kind of attention she gets. Tonight she claimed that her relationship with the BBF was on the rocks before she entered the house but that’s not when she said before.
Double game from BB?

John, in the DR, complained that HMs were all puppets, a state which had brought him down to an unhealthy low.

But all the finalists were summoned to the DR, smiling and happy, grateful for the experience of BB and for having made so many new friends.

You couldn’t make it up!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:19 am 

PS I was almost coming round to Dannielle for the win until she came out with that stuff abut Stephanie having grown up on the show and becoming a lady. Too much!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:21 am 

"Was BB highlighting how awful she actually is by having her perform a kind of play within a play?"

Another Pyramus and Thisbe for BB, in the shape of this mutant Shakespearean lady casting sprinkled milk around her like generative fluid...
Only by watching BB can one have such genuine despair followed by a shaft of lightning insight. Genuine crassness that engenders its own hindsight as to the condition of all of us on this shared planet, where millions can stalk one person who is volunteering to be thus stalked on something called Twitter. There have been twittering swallows, ducks, canaries, doves, pigeons this year, but no Swan of Avon.
I think statistical facts show that Scotty T is bound to win because of this Twitter phenomenon.
However, I vaguely hope Darren or Tiffany wins instead.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:56 am 

des2 wrote:
"Was BB highlighting how awful she actually is by having her perform a kind of play within a play?"

Another Pyramus and Thisbe for BB, in the shape of this mutant Shakespearean lady casting sprinkled milk around her like generative fluid...
Only by watching BB can one have such genuine despair followed by a shaft of lightning insight. Genuine crassness that engenders its own hindsight as to the condition of all of us on this shared planet, where millions can stalk one person who is volunteering to be thus stalked on something called Twitter. There have been twittering swallows, ducks, canaries, doves, pigeons this year, but no Swan of Avon.
I think statistical facts show that Scotty T is bound to win because of this Twitter phenomenon.
However, I vaguely hope Darren or Tiffany wins instead.

Could be Scotty - he is as disgusting as Charlotte Crosby; maybe Stephanie - she's equally disgusting and has Josie-whats-her-name's enormous capacity for grubbiness and penny dreadful emotional splurging. It is horrifying that twitterers actually emphasise with this tatty pair.
Oh, for bland weary Darren to win. Or Tiffany with her self parodying self proclaimed 'needs'.
But I fear that you are right. Remember the days of feverish excitement in the run-up to the final?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 pm 

Well, there you go.
Scotty Twitter wins.
You know, he hasn't yet been interviewed by Emma, and I can't remember anything he did in the house and I have no idea what questions he can possibly be asked!

Anyway, Marion, thanks for all your reports. They have been truly wonderful.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:52 pm 

des2 wrote:
Well, there you go.
Scotty Twitter wins.
You know, he hasn't yet been interviewed by Emma, and I can't remember anything he did in the house and I have no idea what questions he can possibly be asked!

Anyway, Marion, thanks for all your reports. They have been truly wonderful.

Tiffany only came fourth - that was a surprise. You were right it would come down to Stephanie or Scotty. Scotty famoius for incontinence; Stephanie for freaking out in dirty knickers.
Our civilisation is doomed.
I'll feel better tomorrow and probably miss my nightly dose of mayhem
See you in the summer!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:14 pm 

David Guest has died suddenly. He never looked well on CBB this year, poor man. R I P.
I wonder if they've told Tiffany yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:12 pm 

Yes, I saw that about David Gest, Marion. Very sad.
Meanwhile - this is relevant to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3083&p=30495#p30495
Understandable on Andy's part. And as you can see, I haven't been here for a while.
des

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275 ... 294  Next