Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 294  Next
 Post subject: Re: Big Brother
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:07 pm 

The forenoon is burn-faced and wandering
And I am the death of the moon

Below my countenance the bell of the night has broken
And I am the new divine wolf.

The Divine wolf
by Adonis (Ali Ahmed Said) - 1961

She's gone. Wolfy has departed, taking her hawking and spitting with her. Not without a tale or two from Nature of course - the moth which told her she wouldn't be evicted fell over and died immediately thereafter and so she was forewarned that she was doomed. She's a BB first anyway - Des and I have oft times noted that evicted HMs are so much nicer outside that they were inside. Not Wolfy though - she was just the same. I think we an safely say good riddance.

Callum was out of character tonight. He has been Mr Nice Guy long enough and gave vent to an extraordinary impersonation of Dexter giving advice. He did the funky Chicken and squealed about terrible advice which no one ever takes. It was the liveliest he's been since he came on the show - typical that this liveliness came about when he was pretending to be someone else.

In the DR, Hazel tried to mend fences with the public. She feels she is being misunderstood because she misunderstood Daley and his situation.
I wouldn't worry about it, Hazel - even Daley has misunderstood Daley.

Pre-eviction nerves struck even at cheery Jackie - she and Charlie fell out about the washing up. It was ludicrous to see Jackie washing up one handed and Charlie refusing to help until later. 'I only asked you to dry one thing,' Jackie complained, but Charlie said she wanted to go out into the garden with her mother since Jackie was likely about to be evicted.
Ouch!

Charlie recounted the quarrel to the others in the garden and inadvertently sparked another row.Dan's conscience clearly pricked him about one armed Jackie left to clear up by herself, but mentioned that he'd made shepherd's pie for 15 all by himself which was a provocation to Jack for some reason.The next moment Jack was screeching and swearing at Dan, reminding him how old he is and how he was not to patronise Jack. This drove Dan to enumerate the stages of making shepherd's pie while jack continued to swear and scream. Finally the pair were reduced to telling each other to STFU and Jack telling Dan he's immature. Only Gina's command to both be quiet silenced them. Of course Dan being Dan brooded and talked about it later, angry that this 18 year old brat should speak to him in that way. He has a point. Jack is like a scowling putti when he's angry and has the manners of a tantruming toddler.

Throughout all this, Woldfy remained silent, wearing her Myra Hindley mugshot face.

The nominated ones had to make a plea to the public to stay. Callum played Boy Next Door, Hazel played Girl next Door (as far as she is able),Jackie was everyone's Mum, and Wolfy explained that she was the court jester. I hadn't noticed that I must admit.

Callum was lying stroking Charlie's head which prompted Dexter to declare his passion for her again to Gina. Deapan he was as he declared that if Charlie got back with Callum and he hurt her, he would have to go in for the kill, although he only wanted her to be happy, he said, even if it was without him. Deadpan. Gina, of course, as Dexter must have known she would, relayed all this to Charlie and the two minxes had a right good laugh about it. However, that night in the secret room, Charlie lay sandwiched between Gina and Dexter ( in this heat!) trying to persuade her that he is sincere. Charlie is no fool. She disbelieved him. He called her heartless (deadpan) and can't believe that she thinks he has an ulterior motive (deadpan - really). In the end, he said they'd settle it all when they got out of the house. 'Don't overdo it,' she said dry as a bone.
She's more than a match for him. But what is my naughty sprite up to now? Jackie will fall on him from a great height if he gets anywhere with Charlie. Daley won't be happy since his relationship got busted on Dexter's advice. No one on the planet is going to believe he's sincere. Is it really simply that he's inviting her to join in a showmance with him? Or is he sending up the whole concept of fauxmance in the house? Is he trying to stir up trouble? Dexter is very hard to read.I love it that I haven't as clue what he's planning now.

BB is more blatant. The secret room is to be evacuated by Gina, Dexter and Charlie and all privileges ended. The public has to choose another couple to go in there who will be immune from the next round of nominations. The likeliest contenders are Hazel and Daley or Charlie and Dexter. There is comedy to be got from Dexter and Charlie; or bump and grind from Hazel and Daley.Personaly, I'd prefer the comedy although I suspect BB hopes otherwise.

Small gems:
Sophie threw a tub of water over Wolfy. Probably the cleanest she's been since she entered the house.

Callum is going through a metamorphosis - he feels that at last his real self is struggling to the surface. I presume he means like the Hulk. and not the Funky Chicken. I hope he's not raising our expectations.

BB made the HMs watch the latest round of nominations. Dan, with his excellent memory, challenged Dexter for saying that Hazel had four noms when she only had two. Dexter was unabashed. Deadpan in fact.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:01 am 

From the deadpan to the melting pot, I am beginning to regain my grip on proceedings, thanks to Marion's reports. What would we all do without her. Millions going about the streets befuddled by the subtle and blatant interconnections between argument for argument's sake (the twins) and a Machiavellian agent-provocation (Dexter and Gina and Hazel) - all threaded through with simple minds thinking above their weight.
Wolfy's exit stance at the opening door scared the cameras and they rushed to the adverts before showing the exit proper - you see, they couldn't make out the sculptural impossibility of her body, twisted and slanted into a new existence by the giant creature within her. It was only a flash in the deadpan, as it turned out. But we must be afraid - whatever-it-is is now in the open, among us.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:25 pm 

'Flash in the deadpan' indeed =D> =D> =D>

Personally I though Ch 5 cut to the ads in case they filmed people throwing things and would be forced to do something about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:38 pm 

The Metaphor King Strikes :cry: Again

Saturday night is always the same - little rags and tatters of both pre and post eviction conversations which arrive out of nowhere and without context.

Dexter was in good form. Charlie informed him that he's a sneaky snake after he admitted to embarrassment about what he'd said last night. He responded that he felt as though he'd got his insides back which had been scooped out of him like ice cream in the first two weeks of the show. The metaphor was loaded with meaning and portentous, like Alan Rickman condemning Robin Hood to be gutted with a blunt teaspoon. Charlie declared that she felt exactly the same. How uncomfortable they both must be!

Later, in conversation with Dan about Callum, he pronounced Callum to be a smorgasbord - an attempt to describe Callum's efforts to be all things to all men; or a Frankenstein made up of different parts he's picked up from other people. Callum also drops his friends when he thinks they've ceased to be popular. Dan made no reply. He makes his own mind up but credit to Dexter - he never stops trying.

There are contradictions in his character. Gina bosses him about when she's not being manipulated by him. She asked him to carry her suitcase when they had to leave the secet room and he asked permission to pack his own things first. And when she noticed that he had nicer sheets than hers, he immediately offered her his silk ones, which she of course accepted as her due. She doesn't seem to notice that he uses her as his messenger and secret weapon.

Dexter's pursuit of Charlie is gathering pace. In the DR he declared his happiness at having found her but knows he has to take things slowly. In the secret room, however, he goes much faster. Charlie cannot believe that he has slept with so many women as he claims- he says those days are over, that now he dreams of a real emotional connection, walks on the beach, cuddles after sex, looking into someone's loving eyes...who would have thought he could be so Mills & Boon? His romancing of Charlie seems doomed. She told Gina that it's all justwords with Dexter. meaningless. And yet and yet - now I may be imagining this, but in the DR when she said much the same to BB, there was a flutter of excitement there, a tussle between what she suspects about Dexter and a wish that it were all true. Maybe. Conversations with Dexter kept returning to how he feels and to her pouring cold water on that. She insulted him - more about sneaky snake,untrustworthiness, evil intentions, coldness, being cutting, a perfect litany of grievances (thanks, he said , and continued to look pleadingly) and she could not meet his eye as she tried to convince herself to keep disbelieving in him.
Dexter reminds me of Sylvia Plath's 'Mushrooms:

Overnight, very
Whitely, discreetly,
Very quietly

. ... We

Diet on water,
On crumbs of shadow,
Bland-mannered, asking

Little or nothing.

We shall by morning
Inherit the earth.
Our foot's in the door.

Hmmm...

Dan was given a task tonight which might have been good if it hadn't been so truncated in the highlight show. He was to be a detective tasked with discovering a saboteur among his HMs, a saboteur charged with spoiling his day by chucking his clothes in the pool and burying his toiletries in the vegetable patch. Unfortunately the saboteur was gormless Sam and Dan had no trouble at all in ferreting him out. This should have been a bigger task with a more challenging remit. As it was, the best part was seeing Dan dressed up as a detective, looking like a bookie fom 'Guys and Dolls'.

Daley, having questioned Hazel about what Dexter said about him in the treehouse (and Hazel did not hold back), is now questioning the nature of his friendship with Dexter. he also doesn't want to be stereotyped as a pretty boy. (he said this in all seriousness. Really. Hazel has resumed flirting with Daley - perhaps that's where he gets the idea that he's pretty.She wonders if they might be the HMs to go into the secret room. She won't be responsible for what happens in there, she said, and promises trouble.
Please, no. We have seen enough of Hazel's bumping and grinding and of Daley's tortured conscience.
Put Dex and Charlie in.

Meanwhile, Gina was very upset at losing the secret room - the beds, the baths, the privileges. Jackie pronounced her a spoiled girl. But Jackie took over Gina's old bed, a double, and Gina wanted it back. Jackie pled her injured arm - shame on you, Jackie - and Gina backed down. But there's trouble coming between these two.
Wolfy had one last drama. Dan was taking his farewell should she be evicted and hoped that he hadn't spoiled her BB experience - she broke down and wept and said that everyone else had things outside the house but she only had BB, an experience she had always wanted. Such a pity BB didn't show that last night. She was pretty convincing.

Last edited by Marion Arnott on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:44 am 

A good Sylvia Plath poetic reference to Dexter.
Also I, too, am quiet overnight with this, now, my gentle foot in the door of morn.
Marion's meaty late-night dinner become my breakfast feast.

(des 7.44 am)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:09 pm 

des2 wrote:
A good Sylvia Plath poetic reference to Dexter.
Also I, too, am quiet overnight with this, now, my gentle foot in the door of morn.
Marion's meaty late-night dinner become my breakfast feast.

(des 7.44 am)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: See how you like these apples then!

The Return Of The Heaving Duvets

I am thoroughly unnerved tonight as a wave of edginess has swept through the house, a rather uncomfortable edginess. The mood is affecting all HMs.

There were mixed emotions about eviction night. Jackie was actually quite down about being saved - she had thought she was leaving and got used to it. And she's missing her son dreadfully.
Jackie - he's 24! He will survive!
Thankfully she perked up later.

Charlie also was in strange mood, apologising to Dexter for the things she said last night (remember - the 'I love you but...I adore you ...but).
Dexter said he didn't mind because she was just saying what she thought. And he grinned and smiled and smiled and grinned. He really was quite unnerving.

The Twins have taken a funny (peculiar ) turn too - Joe pumped water for Jack, laughing maniacally all the time. Later, one Twin carried the other piggy back, still laughing maniacally, and called his brother 'Piggy'. I suppose they were only trying to be hilarious again, but it's all very odd.

Hazel talked constantly about the safe house and surprise! Surprise! She and Daley have been voted in. They have all the luxuries and also a hotline down which they issue commands to HMs which must be fulfilled. Hazel wants payback for the treatment Gina handed out to her when in the secret room and set her to brushing up mud from the garden. She thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the little raised platform roped off from the others with royal red cords, watching. Gina called her an evil bitch. This will end in tears.

Now, as we all know, Hazel has promised all sorts of shenanigans in there (without crossing the line in the sand, she said) as she can't trust herself with Daley. But I wonder if Daley can be trusted with her? He was really quite unpleasant once alone in the secret room with her, ranting at her. First off he wanted her to shower without her bikini. She actually seemed embarrassed. Then he said he would. And did. Along with a running commentary about how innocent it all was and a step by step guide to what clothing he was removing at that moment. Later, he gave her beauty advice, but he was really issuing orders about how he wants her to be. She attempted to answer back but he talked her down - very authoritative and domineering. He had her trapped in the doorway of the shower, staring intensely at her, willing her to obey. She had no escape route. I didn't like this scene. I would not like to be trapped in there with him. Later still, at bedtime, she was attacked again for snuggling up with Dan. 'He's gay,' she said but Daley continued to lecture and show jealousy. Eventually she invited him into her bed to snuggle like Dan. But Daley's not gay and civilised like Dan. I think Hazel has bitten off more than she can chew with this man.

Dan is worried about the pair of them. In some ways, he said, it would have been better had Hazel been evicted. He's putting his feelings down to a dislike of Daley's GF situation, but I wonder if he senses something odd about Daley's attitudes and is uneasy. Daley certainly has set off my chimes and whistles.

One of the hotline commands was to Dexter - he had to streak round the garden as he said he would if he was saved. HMs clapped and cheered but Gina stole the show, stadnding legantly with a class in her had, looking stunned. 'I don't know what to say,' she said blankly.

Dexter appears to have turned on Gina. He asked Daley if he had really said that he would not meet up with him after the show. Daley was very angry indeed and denied saying any such thing. Dexter threw Gina under the bus by insisting she did tell him that was what Daley said. BB reshowed the scene and Gina did say that - but Daley mumbled whatever he said so incoherently that it's quite possible that he said something quite different. I don't think Gina lied - I think she may have misheard. Anyway, now Daley is furious with her and so is Dexter. Bad mistake, Dexter - hers is a brighter star to hitch your wagon to than Daley's.

Callum has decided to be livelier and more interesting. He has dragooned Sam into being a go-between to Charlie and instructed him to find out what she thinks of him. He also indulged in some flattery of the girl - telling her she could model jeans because of her wonderful posterior. Then he told her she had the face for radio. She was not pleased.
Did he really think she would be?

Anyway, the show ended with a little bit of heaving duvet in the secret room. I am in despair. I loathe these scenarios. And I am also a little uneasy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am 

Marion Arnott wrote:
I think Hazel has bitten off more than she can chew with this man.

Indeed, one can never trust relative strangers, even under the gaze of millions. This is a very strange branch-line of humanity we have been travelling since the beginning of Reality TV. Reality itself is no longer Reality. This is the New Reality. And many of us are beginning to do it ourselves on the Internet with the growth of Facebook. (I came off Facebook over a month ago).

Dexter's hand-cup streak - hardly a real streak like Erica Rice's. Thank goodness.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:45 am 

des2 wrote:
Marion Arnott wrote:
I think Hazel has bitten off more than she can chew with this man.

Dexter's hand-cup streak - hardly a real streak like Erica Rice's. Thank goodness.

We should be grateful for small mercies!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:06 pm 

Oh, dear - I think BB should get Hazel out of that secret room.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:44 pm 

Marion Arnott wrote:

Oh, dear - I think BB should get Hazel out of that secret room.

Hey, that looks decidedly sinister.
If a crime is committed it won't take Sherlock Holmes to solve it, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:54 am 

Where Has All The Fun Gone?

Perhaps that's an exaggeration. There was some fun but it has been totally eclipsed by Daley's dismissal from the house. Dexter opemed the show with a leisurely exercise routine and Callum is back to massaging Chearlie's head.

Armed with BB's confidential files on the HMs, Hazel and Dexter were tasked with giving them a probing interview. Dexter was asked to declare if he could talk himself out of anything. Well, he managed to talk himself out of giving them a direct answer, so I guess the answer is yes. Gina was magnificent. Asked who she didn't like in the house, she looked Hazel in the eye, smiling cheekily, and answered 'Hazel. Hazel. Hazel.' (probably the repetition was in line with the old adage 'anything I tell you 3 times is true). Hazel could not embarrass her into silence. Gina merrily explained why she didn't like her. She also admitted she wouldn't miss Hazel if she was evicted. Bless her - she just doesn't care!
Hazel was somewhat flattened by all this - her sole rejoinder (behind Gina's back) was that that Gina is as boring as flour and water dough. Oh, far from it, Hazel!

In conversation with Callum, Dexter expressed the fear that he was coming across as a womaniser. Callum coyly confessed to the same apprehension. Hilarious - neither has shown the slightest ability to win a woman over but fear a reputation for being wild dogs. The two failed Romeos quarrelled over the defintion of womaniser. Dexter insisted that knowing lots of women doesn't make you a womaniser; Callum insisted he doesn't have the confidence to womanise.

The hotline from the secret room rang and Dexter was told to make pancakes and organise a date for Callum and Charlie. Callum talked a great deal about himself (which is why he'll never make womaniser status(, trying to convince her that his cheeky cocky persona is a front to conceal his real self. Gravely he informed her that he has never told anyone this, even his Mum. He went on at some length about the sweet boy he is underneath it all. What a pitch - no wonder he's blushing. Charlie was about to exchange confidences with him (something about finding her real self as BB HMs are wont to do) - she was about to be as excruciating as he was when Hazel and Daley ordered Dexter to take Callum's place at the dinner table. Poor Callum fled to the toilet and wept. Dexter also tried to persuade her of the sincerity of his true love for her. He claimed that she was cold hearted after she was sceptical about his statement that she was loved by two men.Did she really think he would make a fool of himself on TV and play with her feelings?
'Yes,' she said. 'You'd do anything.'
Even Dexter had to admit a setback. So did Callum - he knows where he stands with Charlie now - not very close.
Womanisers! Hah!
But Dexter is a trier - he decided to win Jackie over. Does he think she is his obstacle? But Jackie was cleaning the fridge and told him she wasn't interested in what he got up to with Charlie. IThat was pretty crushing - she clearly believes he has no chance there!
Poor Dexter.

In the DR, Callum maintained that his fellow HMs look down upon him emotionally. What exactly he means by that I cannot tell. He also said that he didn't trust Dexter and wondered why Dexter thought he was God's gift to women. :mrgreen:
We're all wondering that, Callum, after his epic fails with Hazel, Jemima, and Charlie! Good grief - he cannot een alarm Charlie's mother!

The Hazel and Daley incident was totally chilling. BB missed out the lead up to it (it's on the Daily Motion site if anyone wishes to see it). Hazel was chatting in the garden and had outstayed her alloted time. Daley kept calling her into the secret room. Finally he lied and said BB had ordered her inside and gave her a 60 second countdown. He actually sat in the room counting backwards from 60, fuming. It was a truly sinister sight. She came in, unaware of his foaming rage, and they resorted to their usual hugs and play with pillows and such. Then they quarrelled about whose bed they should snuggle up in. She was still in playful mode, not recognising how angry he was becoming until much too late. He stood on her bed, looming over her, demanding his coverlet, and then he exploded. She still didn't see her danger until he started threatening her. Foolishly she defied him.
BB finally intervened and called him to the DR. It was like switching off a light - he was restored to himself in an instant and turned to Hazel and asked, with the low cunning of the abusive man, if he had offended her. She was pressed back against the wall and said no, quite cheerily, although she looked scared. She could hardly have said yes when he was still within striking distance.
By the time he was halfway up the stairs to the DR, he had his story straight, and downplayed, to a quarrel over his wanting to go to sleep. In the DR, he claimed that he believed he had been called in about the amount of swearing he had done.
Even when BB read the transcript, he insisted he had done nothing wrong and skipped over his threat to go F*** mental and be F*** scary and his threat to finish her and nut her and that she should respect her F**** elders. He also carefully avoided discussing the fact that he walloped her one on the backside (twice), put his hands round her throat, and pinned her to the bed ;he even quoted Hazel's denial that she had been offended. Sly, sly man! When told to leave the house, he could not understand how anyone could think him aggressive and called Hazel devious and a liar.Suddenly he was the victim.

Hazel too was called to the DR and given a warning about her behaviour. I'm not quite sure why. They were initially larking about in their customary fashion which has often been overtly sexual. When he stood on her bed she pulled down his shorts, it's true, but that hardly warranted what she got. In the DR she seemed genuinely bewildered and could not understand why and exactly when things had turned so nasty, but she admitted she had been afraid.

I have to wonder how Daley got through the screening process. He seems very unstable and quite dangerous. Are Channel 5s psychologists that poor? Or did they knowingly accept him hoping for some big drama?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:54 am 

Last night, the Channel 5 signal started breaking up at exactly the time that that final incident began to be shown in the summary show - an incident which is I'm sure accurately described by Marion above. I then blamed the complete break-up of the signal to hot weather atmospherics, and some other TV stations, but not all, were indeed down at the same time. I don't know how long they were down as I went to bed.
Having now read about the incident, I feel it was all rather spooky. And disturbing. I'm not sure whether I shall try to watch it on Channel 5 catch-Up. I think I shall leave it to my visualisation of it as a result of Marion's report. A sad landmark in BB history.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:43 am 

It was chilling. The most chilling thing was the way he suddenly changed when BB intervened and became unnaturally calm. Mr. Hyde disappeared and 'Jekyll' Daley began calculating, the 'nice' one supporting the wicked, because of course there is no true separation between good and evil in a bad person.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:36 pm 

I have now looked at the footage shown last night on the TV programme. Chilling, indeed, and although I do not disagree with anything said above about Daley, I do wonder whether Hazel should have been thrown out, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:58 pm 

des2 wrote:
I have now looked at the footage shown last night on the TV programme. Chilling, indeed, and although I do not disagree with anything said above about Daley, I do wonder whether Hazel should have been thrown out, too.

Why, Des?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 294  Next