INTERACTION
http://ttapress.com/forum/

Green Lantern
http://ttapress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1677
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Lawrence Dagstine [ Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Green Lantern

From Entertainment Weekly. Well, they're finally making it. Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan... A GREEN LANTERN movie.

Due for release in summer 2011. There is, however, a big hoopla over his costume, because it's digitally painted. Still, there are a lot of DC superheroes other than Batman who are fantastic characters but underrated, and who should have their own movies. Green Arrow, Aquaman, Red Tornado, Dr. Fate, Wonder Woman to name a few.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-t ... stume.html

Lawrence

Author:  Ray [ Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mmm....Wonder Woman....

Author:  Pete [ Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wasn't Joss Whedon rumoured to be helming a "WW" film at one point?

Here's a trailer for "Green Lantern":-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgzBjkq3Q4Y

Back in the day, he used to be one of my favourite DC heroes, though the one I'd really like to see on the big screen is Hawkman. There was a time when I was a little bit in love with his partner Hawkgirl, later Hawkwoman I believe. Still have the comics around here somewhere. Fantastic stuff.

Author:  Ray [ Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

That would be great regarding Joss Whedon, I think he'd do a fantastic job. I haven't seen any of the Doll House stuff, but Firefly was a shortlived treat and his were certainly the strongest Buffy episodes. He does well with strong heroines.

Author:  Pete [ Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just googled, and seems it's not going to happen:-

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/07/a-l ... oked-like/

Sorry Ray, but I did say rumour.

A Joss Whedon "Avengers" though...

Author:  Ray [ Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:10 am ]
Post subject: 

:cry:

Author:  Rolnikov [ Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

Pete wrote:
Wasn't Joss Whedon rumoured to be helming a "WW" film at one point?

Here's a trailer for "Green Lantern":-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgzBjkq3Q4Y


You had me for a minute there!

Author:  Stu [ Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

I wonder if they'll use the storyline where Hal Jordan shags Arisia, a Green Lantern who is a child but has used her power ring to physically mature her body to adulthood. (I'm not making this up. God only knows what the writer was thinking.)

Author:  Stu [ Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Fun mickey-take of Green Lantern/Ryan Reynolds at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xcMxnNzp2I

Author:  Rolnikov [ Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Stu wrote:
I wonder if they'll use the storyline where Hal Jordan shags Arisia, a Green Lantern who is a child but has used her power ring to physically mature her body to adulthood. (I'm not making this up. God only knows what the writer was thinking.)


Yes, that was a weird one...

When I was watching the fake trailer Pete linked to above, part of the reason it fooled me is that when I saw Nathan Fillion I thought he must be playing Guy Gardner.

Author:  Rolnikov [ Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Stu wrote:
Fun mickey-take of Green Lantern/Ryan Reynolds at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xcMxnNzp2I


Very funny. I liked the one with Wolverine and Rorschach too.

Author:  Pete [ Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wait a cotton picking minute. What do you mean that trailer was a fake? They said it was the official trailer. The official trailer! How can people get our hopes up like that? :(

Author:  Stu [ Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 am ]
Post subject: 

Rolnikov wrote:
Stu wrote:
I wonder if they'll use the storyline where Hal Jordan shags Arisia, a Green Lantern who is a child but has used her power ring to physically mature her body to adulthood. (I'm not making this up. God only knows what the writer was thinking.)


Yes, that was a weird one...


Apparently they later retconned it so that she came from a very long-lived race so although she was a child by alien standards she was an adult by Earth standards. Still a bit dodgy though.

Course, over in X-Men Claremont had Colossus going out with Kitty Pryde when he was about 20 and she was about 14. Although they didn't actually shag until much later when she was an adult.

Author:  Pete [ Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:00 am ]
Post subject: 

Right, it's out tomorrow, and this trailer is on the Odeon website so it's probably kosher:-

http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/film_info/m100262/

And reading this thread through, you guys are all obsessed with shagging :roll:

Author:  Journeymouse [ Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:17 am ]
Post subject: 

Pete, you say that like you've nover noticed it before.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/