INTERACTION
http://ttapress.com/forum/

Paranormal Activity
http://ttapress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1247
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Pete [ Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Paranormal Activity

Trailer here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074

Another "Blair Witch" budget effort. Out in the UK next Wednesday, or at least the part of the UK where I live.

Author:  Matthew S Dent [ Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:17 am ]
Post subject: 

I'm not sure about this... It's a nice idea, but Blair Witch wasn't scary, and the whole hand cam thing just made me feel nauseous...


Still, I'll go and give it a try.

Author:  Matthew S Dent [ Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:11 am ]
Post subject: 

Saw it last night. I wasn't particularly impressed, to be honest. It started off well, slowly building the suspense fairly effectively (my girlfriend was a little more critical of this, but I thought it worked). The problem was, they didn't do anything with the suspense, once they'd created it. I mean, once you've slammed a door once, it loses something of its affect).

There were a few moments in the last hour which were good, but it continued at the slow pace of the first part. It just dragged too long.

The final thirty seconds were fantastic, and scared the shit out of me, but it came too late really. If they had cut out the whinging and whittering so that the end came sooner, then it would have worked fantastically. As it was, it didn't.

Author:  Pete [ Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

I saw it this morning, and thought it was a punchline film - everything was to just get you in the right frame of mind for those final couple of minutes when the shit hits the fan.

What I couldn't figure out was why this couple slept with the bedroom door wide open. I don't, and I don't know of anyone else who does.

Author:  gileadslostson [ Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

depends on how hot it is. I really am a scottish boy, I hate the summers here in vienna. I have to sleep with the doors and windows wide open. (occasionally on that wonderfully cool, tiled bathroom floor.) roll on in winter.

so the question is: was it hot where they were?

Author:  Matthew S Dent [ Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

Pete wrote:
I saw it this morning, and thought it was a punchline film - everything was to just get you in the right frame of mind for those final couple of minutes when the shit hits the fan.


I agree entirely. The problem was that the set up was too long- I thought, at least. But to its credit, the shit really did hit the fan, at the end.

Pete wrote:
What I couldn't figure out was why this couple slept with the bedroom door wide open. I don't, and I don't know of anyone else who does.


gileadslostson wrote:
depends on how hot it is. I really am a scottish boy, I hate the summers here in vienna. I have to sleep with the doors and windows wide open. (occasionally on that wonderfully cool, tiled bathroom floor.) roll on in winter.

so the question is: was it hot where they were?


Well, it was October (I think) in the story. What's San Diego like at that time of year?


Though now I think about it, they said Kate was freezing when she sleepwalked outside...

Author:  Journeymouse [ Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:12 am ]
Post subject: 

I sleep with my bedroom door wide open but I live on my own with only the hellhound, who likes to roam and le on as many pieces of furniture as he can in one night, for company. I have also moved a lot and still have a tendency to be disorientated if I wake up in the night, even though I've been at this address since Christmas last year. If I don't have the door open, I've been known to scrabble around the whole room in a half-asleep panic, feeling for the open door. Fifteen address changes in not quite 12 years does that to a person.

I don't sleep with the door open when I'm at other people's or other people visit.

Author:  Andrew Hook [ Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:41 am ]
Post subject: 

I sleep with my bedroom door open so the cats can get in and out.

I haven't seen the film.

:)

Author:  Matthew S Dent [ Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:54 am ]
Post subject: 

I sleep with the door open so the demons can get in and out.


Wait...

:P

Author:  Pete [ Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

The action was September through October, and yeah, they did complain about the cold.

Me, I always sleep with the door shut, though if it's hot I will have the window open, and if I think I hear anyone moving about in the rest of the house during the night I won't go chasing after them, I'll put a chair against the door and dial 999 :lol:

Quote:
Jo wrote:-
I live on my own with only the hellhound, who likes to roam


I don't suppose he's ever seized you by the foot, dragged you out of bed and down the hallway... (only Matthew is going to get that comment).

Author:  Journeymouse [ Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Pete wrote:
... and if I think I hear anyone moving about in the rest of the house during the night I won't go chasing after them, I'll put a chair against the door and dial 999 :lol:

I have training swords and a hellhound. Not that I'm at all violent or vicious. Ordinarily.
Pete wrote:
I don't suppose he's ever seized you by the foot, dragged you out of bed and down the hallway... (only Matthew is going to get that comment).

I'm guessing that's happened in the movie. And no, he's content to lie over my legs and growl at me if I attempt to move. I retaliate. I've become a good shot with a pillow in my sleep...

Author:  Matthew S Dent [ Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:28 am ]
Post subject: 

Pete wrote:
I don't suppose he's ever seized you by the foot, dragged you out of bed and down the hallway... (only Matthew is going to get that comment).


Lol!

After I'd seen it, I did my usual thing of riffing ideas that could have improved the film, and my best idea was to replace the demon with Bruce Forsythe, and have the final scene just him coming into view of the camera, and tap dancing.

There's something inherently creepy about the man, where the idea of him coming into your house at night and messing with your head is scarier than a demon...

Author:  gileadslostson [ Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:32 am ]
Post subject: 

I'm glad I didn't read that last entry before going to sleep last night...

Not nice to see him...

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/