Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:28 pm 

PS That's at the Bar Rogue... There's also another room where readings are going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:36 pm 

Well spotted Rosanne, You're correct and I got it completely wrong.
So
Alison Littlewood will be reading from A Cold Season at Fantasycon 2011 on Sunday 2 Oct at 10 am, Rosanne Rabinowitz follows at 11am, possibly with Gaie Sebold inbetween, and then I have the 11:30 am slot and have to find a suitable embarrassment free section to read from The Joy of Technology. All happening in the Bar Rogue at the Royal Albion Hotel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:37 pm 

I might as well say that I'll be reading from Helen's Story, a novella that will be published by PS in the spring. (Some of you may have met the main character, Helen Vaughan, in Arthur Machen's The Great God Pan - except she's alive and well and living in Shoreditch in my book.)

And I might read one or two other bits and bobs, depending on how the timing works out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:46 am 

We're there for the whole weekend Roy, and will definately pop along to say hi. Maybe I'll read something myself next time - if I'm really lucky I'll be able to promote a collection. In the meantime, I'll sit back and enjoy everybody else's work! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:28 am 

Hi Ray, hope to see you at FCon - it'd be good to meet you! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:45 am 

Same here! But were you at the Never Again launch last year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:03 am 

Yeah, same here, it will be good to put some faces to names - looking forward to meeting people I'veread! :D So far teaching has got in the way of all such events and launches, so no I didn't make it for Never Again (or maybe I already had a copy? can't remember) but I managed to book some teching cover last year for this year (got in there QUICK, with capitals) so this time not only can I go but I can be there from kick off Friday! Hurray!

Can't wait...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:25 am 

I hope to get there Friday afternoon, but now there's a chance I might have to do a day of training for a new job. So I might be there in the evening instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:08 am 

I'll be reading on the Friday night at 9:30 - can't remember where in the hotel - to promote my new collection of short stories, "Nitrospective". Hope to see some of you there - or in the bar :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 am 

Six local to Stoke on Trent/Newcastle under Lyme authors will be reading from their work at Clayton Library on November 16. The six authors span the breadth of fiction from Crime to Science Fiction via family sagas, fantasy, martial arts, modern life and romance. The SFF/H element provided by yours truly and Phil Emery.
Additionally Phil's new novel, The Shadow Cycles, will be launched that evening.
Make a date in your diary for 7:15 on the evening of Wednesday 16th November 2011 for a multiple author, maybe multiple, book launch event at Clayton Library Dartmouth Avenue, Clayton, Newcastle-under-Lyme. ST5 3NR
Ralph Alcock'slatest novel, The Loving Son, bids to continue his progress as a powerful new voice in crime fiction. He reads from the proofs of the new book due out later this month. Ralph lived and worked in the USA before returning to England and writes fiction set in the USA. His first novel was 'Hidden Identity'.
Richard Ayres began his acute explorations of modern life and mores with 'Waterloo Sunset'. His latest ‘A Pennine Incident’ continues to expand his reputation as a chronicler of the relationships between people and the times they inhabit. Sunset'
Phil Emery's'The Shadow Cycles' is the follow-up novel to his Potteries set 'Necromantra'. And in the year when Conan the Barbarian returns to cinema screens, the book also attempts to revision the genre of sword-&-sorcery for the twenty-first century.
My 12,000-word novelette 'The Joy of Technology'is a chapbook published by Pendragon Press of South Wales. If its title resonates you will not be surprised that this is more than explicit in its look at future technology. My anthologised story 'Being of Sound Mind' may have to be the source of this reading. Roy
Gill Hargreavesperformed with Prospect Productions theatre company before working for Radio Stoke. She reads from her debut novel, 'A Triangular Affair' which sensitively and wittily tells a story of love, passion, and family tensions.
Dennis Wilton has taught martial arts for over twenty years. His books are ground-breaking investigations into the subject and include 'Battlefields of the Mind', which draws on its philosophy and psychology. Dennis also writes novels. He will talk about the differences between fact, fiction, and the writing of the two.

Post subject: Re: Readings
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:15 pm 

Leading SF authors at the Pavilion Theatre in Brighton Brian Aldiss OBE, Lauren Beukes and Jeff Noon chat and read on Sept 6th.

This is part of Brighton Digital Festival
Quote:
a month-long celebration of all things digital bringing together the city’s vibrant arts and digital communities. From small-scale meet ups to big name conferences, from digital artists’ experimental ideas to fully mounted exhibitions, the Festival promises something for everybody and because most events are free, plenty of opportunities to discover something new. Hands on, participatory, exciting, challenging, wondrous, fascinating, the Brighton Digital Festival has it all and it uniquely reflects the spirit of the city.

The Digital Festival overlaps with Fantasycon by 1 day.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:42 am 

Ramsey Campbell, Gary McMahon - Author, Simon Bestwick, Conrad Williams! All with TTA Press form and all at Manchester's The MadLab.It's quite close to Victoria Station, and some good pubs.

Quote:
This Is Horror are incredibly pleased to announce that on Saturday September 22 we will celebrate the launch of our second chapbook Thin Men with Yellow Faces by Gary McMahon and Simon Bestwick with a very special event.

The launch event will be taking place at MadLab in Manchester from 6:30pm and will run through to approximately 8:15pm. Of course, no This Is Horror event is complete without a host and it brings us great pleasure to inform you that our very own award-winning author, Jasper Bark will be curating proceedings.

If you’d like to join us for what promises to be a very special evening of horror literature in Manchester then you can buy tickets for just £3 here. What’s more copies of both Joe & Me and Thin Men with Yellow Faces will be available for the special price of £4 in Manchester for one night only. So if you’re looking to introduce someone else to the strictly limited This Is Horror series, Manchester may well be the ideal time to make a purchase.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:45 pm 

I'll be doing a reading at Fantasycon (as will lots of other folk, I imagine!)

Mine's at 8.30 p.m. on the Saturday (29th Sept). I'll most likely read from my new novel, Path of Needles.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:22 am 

I'm reading next Tuesday (9th October) at a one off 'Fiction at Olives' event in Norwich. Doors at 7:30. I'm first up at 8 reading from the story collection, Nitrospective, and maybe a bit of my unpublished novel. Other readers are Terri Armstrong, Phil Doran, Lander Hawes, Barrie de Lara and Sarah Walker. Venue info here: http://www.olivesnorwich.co.uk/#!what's-on

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:52 pm 

TWISTED TALES OF SERIAL MURDER
And through the kind offices of Waterstones I will be there with copies of Interzone and Black Static etc, should anyone wish to buy a copy next week. :D
Featuring readings by award-winning, best-selling authors:
STUART MACBRIDE
ADAM NEVILL
STEVE MOSBY

Followed by a panel discussion and Q&A
6-7.30pm Friday 22nd February 2013 at Waterstones Liverpool One

There will be a signing session after the event and the chance to meet the authors