Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:16 pm 

Hi everybody,

I'm organising an experiment that will allow many people to pull out their hair and scream "It cannot be done!" as loud as possible.

I've decided that I want to be involved in making the best horror film ever. There are just a few rules to this:

There will be a zero budget
    Everything used must be borrowed or donated
    Nobody gets paid
    It is made in two weekends

This is how it is going to work, a group of people are going to meet up on the weekend of September 26th/27th and come up with the storyline, plot, characters, first draft of the script. This meeting will be taking place over the entire weekend and will be at the venue where we will be filming (parts of which are grade 1 listed).

A second weekend will be organised, and we will be making the entire film during that time.

Not too dificult :shock:

I've made a deal with the venue, and it is going to cost us £150 (or £213 for 2 people if sharing a room) and for that, we get our meeting room for two days, a double room, 2x 2 course lunch, a 3 course dinner, a full English breakfast, plus full use of the amenities (gym & indoor swimming pool). There is also free wired & WiFi internet and unlimited tea/coffee throughout the day.

We aren't adding to this figure, it is the amount payable to the venue after the discount we managed to get from them.

All those involved from the beginning and throughout the process will be named as producers, but that isn't what this is all about - this is a challenge, can we do it? Of course we can.

On the business side, everybody involved will be given a deferred contract, if this makes any money, we all receive an equal share.

There is a little info and a photo of the venue (more to follow soon) on the website I've set up for this at http://www.modern-gothic.com.

My background in horror is that I've made a couple myself, but have watched countless indie horror films as the director of the Horror UK Film & Literary Festival.

Joe