Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:03 pm 

I have started a RTR of 'Valiant Razalia' by Michael Wyndham Thomas:
http://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/201 ... e-horizon/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:02 pm 

Hope you have fun with it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:21 pm 

Rolnikov wrote:
Hope you have fun with it.

Yes, I certainly had fun - and inspiration. A great pair of novels.
I have now started RTRing TQF #45: http://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/201 ... iction-45/
I like Howard Phillips' weird tongues...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:19 pm 

Theaker’s Quarterly Fiction #46 is now out, and features alphabetically-ordered stories by Gary Budgen, Mitchell Edgeworth, Josie Gowler, Stephen Palmer, Jessy Randall, Charles Wilkinson and Ross Gresham, plus eighteen reviews from me, Jacob Edwards and Douglas J. Ogurek, and spacechristmassy cover art by Howard Watts. As always, the ebook is free, the print edition as cheap as we can possibly make it: http://www.theakersquarterly.blogspot.c ... ers46.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:04 pm 

Rolnikov wrote:
Theaker’s Quarterly Fiction #46 is now out, and features alphabetically-ordered stories by Gary Budgen, Mitchell Edgeworth, Josie Gowler, Stephen Palmer, Jessy Randall, Charles Wilkinson and Ross Gresham, plus eighteen reviews from me, Jacob Edwards and Douglas J. Ogurek, and spacechristmassy cover art by Howard Watts. As always, the ebook is free, the print edition as cheap as we can possibly make it: http://www.theakersquarterly.blogspot.c ... ers46.html

I have started a review of the fiction in this TQF #46: http://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/201 ... iction-46/

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:25 pm 

Theaker's Quarterly Fiction #47 is now out and features stories from Mitchell Edgeworth, Chris Roper, Anthony Malone and Antonella Coriander. The issue also includes many, many reviews by Douglas J. Ogurek, Jacob Edwards and me. As usual the issue is available for free epub, mobi and pdf download, and available as cheaply as possible in print and the Kindle store.

And to celebrate this awesome event all of our Kindle exclusive books are free for the rest of the week, including all six of my novels. I spent as many as fifty hours writing some of them, so you can imagine how good they are.

Full details and links here: http://theakersquarterly.blogspot.co.uk ... rs-47.html

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:11 am 

Just finished my latest 'dreamcatcher review'; TQF #47: http://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/201 ... iction-47/

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:40 pm 

Thanks for taking the time to read it, and to write about it. I was very happy with how the print edition of this issue turned out.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:09 pm 

My closing picture of that print version shown on my review:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:01 am 

Issue 50 of Theaker's Quarterly Fiction is now available to download for free or to buy in a 324pp paperback. Many former contributors return to help celebrate fifty issues and ten years of this most amateur of magazines, including David Tallerman, Douglas J. Ogurek, Michael Wyndham Thomas and Rafe McGregor. Our regular cover artist Howard Watts takes us through his process, the team answer the public's most probing questions (e.g. "What is a failsafe strategy for winning at the board game Carcassonne?"), and we rate and review almost a hundred books, films and games. Plus, all of our Amazon exclusive ebooks are free for the next few days. More info here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:56 pm 

My zine Theaker's Quarterly Fiction #51 is now out, free to download and about four pounds to buy in print. We have six stories this time: “Too Much Light Makes the Day Go Blind” by Marshall Moore, “One Slough and Crust of Sin” by Walt Brunston, “Water Imperial” by Charles Wilkinson, “The Assassin’s Lair” by Howard Phillips, “Whale on a Tilt” by Andrea M. Pawley and “Cybertronica” by Antonella Coriander. There are also fifteen reviews, by Douglas J. Ogurek, Jacob Edwards and me. More details here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:20 am 

Theaker's Quarterly Fiction #52 is out now, just in time for you to read on holiday. Free ebooks, £2.87 in paperback. More info here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:41 pm 

Our zine Theaker’s Quarterly Fiction #53 is now out, featuring stories by Mitchell Edgeworth, Howard Watts and Allen Ashley, and fifty pages of reviews by Jacob Edwards, Douglas Ogurek and me. It's free to download in mobi, epub and pdf formats, just £3.47 in print. Download links and additional info here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:09 pm 

Theaker's Quarterly Fiction #54 is out now, and it features a new short story by Charles Wilkinson, "Septs", and an entire novella by Patrick Whittaker, former winner of the BFS Short Story Competition. The issue also includes seventy pages of reviews by Douglas J. Ogurek, Jacob Edwards and me.

As ever, the issue is free to download in various ebook formats, and as cheap as we can make it in print, where it's a 196pp paperback with a tremendous wraparound cover by Howard Watts. More info and download links here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:40 pm 

Issue fifty-six of my zine Theaker’s Quarterly Fiction is out now. It's 240pp long, and costs a fiver in paperback from Amazon.

It includes sixty-odd pages of reviews, and six long stories of fantasy, horror and science fiction: “Concerning Strange Events at the Manor of Sir Hugh de Villiers, Valiant Knight” David Penn (transcribed from the Middle English), “Three Bodies” by Cam Rhys Lay, “The Christmas Cracker” by Rafe McGregor, “Mr Kitchell Says Thank You” by Charles Wilkinson, “The Cutting Room” by Chuck Von Nordheim, and “Gliese and the Walking Man” by Howard Watts, who also created the superheroic wraparound cover. My "friend" Howard Phillips provides a guest editorial on my behalf.

More info and download links here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next