The Advent Calendar - Year Four
And so it's that time of year when I start touting for contributors to the Advent Calendar, which appears to have become a seasonal tradition here at TTA.
As before, I won't post stories on TTA, but each day from the 1st to the 24th of December, I'll do a link to a story on another website, either your blog or wherever the story has been published, and another link to a dedicated thread on Interaction where, hopefully, people will be motivated to discuss the stories and provide feedback to any authors who happen to pass through. The 25th, what with being Christmas Day and all, shouldn't 'belong' to any individual writer, so all contributors who so wish can submit a second piece of work and on that day I'll link to all of those (just like previous years).
I can also make these posts 'global', so people who only look at the Interzone and Crimewave sections of the site get to join in the fun (whether they want to or not).
Criteria for linking to stories:-
- The story must be flash fiction, which for the purposes of this exercise I shall define as under 1,500 words
- The story must be H/SF/F/Crime (ish), cause those are the things we publish, and though not necessarily Christmas themed, that would be a definite plus
- The story must be viewable online, without having to download or access any password restricted area
- Yes, I will link to poetry as well, so the verse mongers needn't feel excluded
- Priority will be given to writers who have had work appear in any of TTA's publications, with second priority given to regular posters on Interaction and after that any old Tom, Dick or Stephen King will be considered eligible, with the usual exception of known plagiarists, misogynists, homophobes, racists etc.
If you're interested in taking part in this, then please send an email to email@example.com with 'Advent Calendar 2012' in the Subject line. In the body of the email, show a link to your story and also to any personal website, blog, or book you're trying to flog and want links to.
You don't need to provide a story link straightaway, but getting in contact to register an interest and 'reserve' your place would be good.
Sorry, but I might not have time to reply to these emails. I will however, note whose work is appearing and on what day on the dedicated thread on Interaction (link below), so keep watching that, and if you don't see your name appear then assume you didn't make the cut. It's first come, first linked to, subject to the above proviso about priority being given to TTA old boys and girls, and I won't be reading the stories ahead of time or making any decisions based on quality.
As ever, this is strictly for fun: nobody who meets the criteria above will be rejected, or at least not until the roster is full.
Let the good times roll.
Section items by date: